Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School Blues & Some Zoo Themed FREEBIES

Well, it's the last week of my summer break and I'm really feelin' the back to school blues. Many of you may already be back and you probably can relate to these feelings.

 Feelin' blue NOT because we're starting school and I'm getting ready to meet my new, sweet first graders, not because I've been working on school stuff all summer and I can't wait to get back in class and use it.

Feelin' blue because, freedom, as we know it, is coming to an end.
 Freedom to sleep in.
 
 Freedom to eat whenever we feel the need for a little snacky snack.
 
Freedom to use the bathroom whenever we need to {this one's gonna be interesting since I've been trying to do right this summer with drinking water throughout the day}.
 
Going to the beach during the week. Shopping when it's not crowded. Sleeping in.
 
Hanging out with my family. Taking mini-vacations without having to plan around a schedule.
 
No schedules. Sleeping in. {I'm sure you can tell what I'll miss most about summer. haha}
 
Nevertheless, it's that time again and, ready or not, we'll be reporting back next week for staff development and {more} room organizing and planning. So I'd better shake off these blues and get myself in high gear to be ready next week.
 
I'm excited about my latest project "Busy Bodies Zoo Themed Math & Literacy Printables".  I remember each year during the first few weeks of school I'm SO busy trying to do individual assessments, organize forms, contact information, etc.
 
I created this zoo themed math & literacy pack to have as an extra quick printable resource to keep my class "busy' doing something educational while I had a few extra minutes to assess. The zoo theme is perfect for any time of the year, so I plan to make copies and keep them in storage drawers and just pull the copies if I need a last minute independent time-filler.
 
I also plan to use some of these during my math and literacy centers since many of the pages meet common core standards for kindergarten and first grade.
 
You can download 2 FREEBIE pages below. Click on the links below to download.
 
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2DV2nUbhXhJT0cxbFNMd1FmMnc/edit
 
Hope you'll enjoy using these freebies in your class! 
 
 I plan to start my first graders with the color words, number words, rhymes and writing pages. I could use the writing as a pre-and post- informal assessment. Give them the same prompt later in the year and compare their work. Be sure to date them!
 
If you'd like to learn more about the zoo pack, click HERE
.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Busy-Bodies-Zoo-Theme-Math-Literacy-Printables-Print-Go-1386177
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Busy-Bodies-Zoo-Theme-Math-Literacy-Printables-Print-Go-1386177
 
 
Hopefully if you're also feeling back to school blues, it'll be gone soon!
Whether you've started school already or not, I hope your year is off to a great start and it's the best one yet!
Thanks for stopping by the Crazy Critter Café!
 
post signature

No comments: